Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Giving of Thanks

Over the years, Thanksgiving has become my favorite holiday. As a kid I was very into Christmas - presents, duh. Now that I've "grown up", I've realized that I actually like my family, and love the chances we get to be together. I realize how hard it is to plan a time for everyone to be in one place at the same time - schedules and life are hectic. 

This Thanksgiving was such a blessing. 
Josh and Ashley drove up from Texas on Tuesday night, stayed in South Missouri that night, and got to Lee's Summit around 1:00 on Wednesday the 27th. The original plan was for them to drive up all day Wednesday - getting them there late Wednesday night, but we decided to surprise my mom with an earlier arrival. Wednesday was her birthday! 
Those two met me at work - I showed them around Gymboree - and we went to lunch. We had decided to make a video for her. We titled it "Now That You're Old Enough." Mom turned 50 this year and we did not want to make her feel like an old geezer because she is in no way, shape, or form old or a geezer. (that sounds like a type of bird anyway - mom is human.) So the theme of the video was things that she can do now that she's older - like take a long time walking places, use the motorized scooters at Target, and buy lots of knick knacks for no reason. You can watch the video here.
We had a blast filming all afternoon. Then we went to the house and surprised mom. That night we ate out at On the Border and had a great time catching up and embarrassing mom by having the waitresses sing to her. 
On Thursday my mom's side of the family and my dad's mom came to our house to eat food, watch football, and eat more food. Harper came and kept us all entertained as usual. We watched the National Dog Show, we colored pictures with my other cousins Karson and Ashley, and we listened as Harper sang us Silent Night and other Christmas carols. It was crazy to think that Christmas was already less than a month away! 

This year, as every year, I have soooooo much to be thankful for. 
To be blunt - I AM thankful to be alive. If things had gone my way, not the Lord's? I wouldn't be here.
I am thankful for such a supportive family. This past year has been a tough one on all of us. 
My parents have opened their arms, home, and lives up to me and I literally can not imagine living anywhere else during this season of my life. 
I am thankful for my friends - the ones who have stuck with me through this time of confusion and change. 
I am thankful for the Lord providing a way for the love of my life, Korey, to be placed back into my life. We have such an exciting time ahead of us and as I've said before, we can not WAIT to see what God has in store for us. 
I am thankful for a new church family that has also been incredible supportive and surprisingly easy to fall in love with. I feel like I have a purpose there and I have a new group of people who are praying for me and who are interested in my life - that is something refreshing and something I need so badly. 

To sum up, I am thankful for a Savior who is full of grace, forgiveness, wisdom, and love. He has showed me what it feels like to be truly accepted for who I am. He has placed people in my life that have showcased what it means to be a true friend. He has given me two incredible people to be my parents, my leaders, my rock. His mercy and love are never ending - thank you, Jesus for being everything that I will ever need. 

Here are some snapshots from this time with family :)
Monster's "I want turkey face." Mine, too.

I love these two!!

Harper :)

dad showed her the classic "airplane ride"

coloring!

ideal To-Do list :)

I hope your holiday was blessed! I love you!

Hannah

1 comment:

  1. "I didn't even get any thaltha" made me 'LOL' - great video, guys!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik