Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas! Food! Pictures!

My holiday break has been so very good. Time to rest, hang out with the pup, and rest some more. I have been working still and subbing as often as I can to make some extra money. I of course had planned on reading like, 13 books "just for fun" over break but after working and getting some "sleeping in" time, that just did not happen. I'll have time when I'm retired - right? :)

A few moms at Gymboree have expressed interest in me babysitting their kiddos and I had the chance to watch one little girl a couple of weeks at the beginning of my break. Her mom was at home while I was there, but I took Addie downstairs to let Karyn get some household things done. She's planning on having me back before I go back to school also so she can get some scrap booking done. Addie is the sweetest and we had a blast the two times I went there. I'm looking forward to seeing her again!
best friends - she calls me "Nanna"
Addie's first selfie!












My grandma Carol, my dad's mom, came up here to see me sing in the church's Christmas show "First Christmas." We were supposed to have a show on Friday night, but we got lots of snow and ice so that first one was cancelled. I called to tell her it was cancelled and she was 20 minutes away! She decided to stay the night and go to the Saturday afternoon show with my parents. Her coming on Friday meant we had the whole day to spend together. This is rare with us! We decided to make it a girl's day and go to the mall. We shopped for my parents, me, and her. We laughed, talked about life, and had a really great time. We picked up dinner for my parents and us at Famous Dave's and then watched Monster University that night. I am so glad that the show was cancelled - that sounds awful, but our day together would not have happened! :)
a $3900 French Bulldog - she didn't buy it for me :(

That next weekend, the weekend right before Christmas, we traveled to the St. Louis area to do Christmas with grandma Carol and the rest of my dad's side. It was a great weekend! We played games, ate lots of food, went to church, opened presents, and ate lots of food. On Saturday night we went to my dad's aunt's house and ate soup and played games. It was a lot of fun. My cousins Brent and Casey brought their two dogs and then my cousin Andrew lives there his dog so Monster had lots of friends to play with! It was interesting...and loud.
Lucy and Monster

Casey with Nemo, Monster, Miles, and Lucy :)

On Sunday before we hit the road we stopped by my Grandpa Jim's house. Monster had fun barking at their dogs through the windows. Grandpa got out a bunch of toys for him to play with and he got pretty tuckered out!
ruff life
On Christmas day we traveled to Tightwad, MO (yes..that's a real place) and spent the day with my mom's side of the family. We once again played games, ate food, and opened presents. Monster was allowed in the house at my Uncle Ron and Sharon's! Uncle Ron and I talked about boats and hunting. We drank my Papa's (he passed away a little bit over a year ago) favorite wine and talked about how happy I am to be in love - literally. The women and I talked about how great Korey is and how excited I was to see him over New Years. It was great - and the men were probably glad they were hanging out in the barn :)
Monster does so well in the car!

Monster and Uncle Ron :)

After Christmas, in preparation for my trip to Indianapolis, I once again got my hair cut!
short, short, short!


I also got my eyebrows done and painted my nails! :)

I hope you had a fantastic Christmas season. Thank you for reading my words.

xoxo,
H





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik