Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Namaste Friday!

Meow! [That's hello in...kitten.]

Today has already been a good day and it's only 2:30. Getting out of bed is getting easier each day which is really nice.

Something that has helped me in the past is doing yoga. It's a true workout. Much better than running. MUCH better.

So here's my morning in pictures.

                                                             
                                                         


OH wait! Last night I had to change my date & time on my old iPod. Maybe my desire to be a hippie comes from my iPod being stuck in the 70's? Who knows.


My first task of the day was to hook up the DVD player to TV down in my room. Something I've learned about myself over the years is that once I'm given a task, I really really want to finish it, no matter how frustrated I get. This varies from any kind of task- water skiing, getting my phone cover off, and now DVD players. 
Before...      After!

Life Lesson: Don't give up. Get frustrated and then move on. 



If you've ever wanted to get into yoga it's super easy to do. I use a DVD I got at Walmart called 10 Minute Solutions : Yoga for Beginners. It has five 10 minute sessions. This morning I only did 2 of them and I was sweating! They are great. 
I got my mat at Walmart, too.
DVD - http://www.walmart.com/ip/4120304
Mat - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunny-Health-Fitness-Yoga-Mat/14472163

I am in NO WAY a fitness instructor so please don't take this as me "advising you" but I do know that I have seen great results from yoga. I feel wonderful afterward - endorphins are real? - and although I don't dip into the whole "meditation" part of it, I do like the short escape from the daily routine. 
 I simply wear a sports bra, loose top, and yoga pants. I would be careful with loose tops though and find a sports bra that is supportive enough that you can just wear that. Loose tops can be caught under toes and you can fall. [This may or may not have happened to me...] My super comfy yoga pants were $20 at Target. 






Afterward I ate some chicken and rice soup!
 It was yummy.

That's all for now my sweets.
Love,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik