Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Valentine's Day Weekend // all the love!

my boyfriend, Korey, arrived in Kansas City on Thursday the 13th. 
let me tell you - I was excited. 

finally here!
after eating dinner with mom and dad we finally got to just hang out together. 
when you live 500 miles away from each other the little moments like sitting next to each other on a couch become so exciting! 
on Friday we ate lunch at Freeb!rds Burritos - it's a lot like Chipotle, but better. (yeah, you read that right.)
fancy us!



then Friday night we got dressed up and went into the city for dinner.
I made reservations for us at Houston's back in January - I'm so glad I did because we waited maybe 10 minutes for our seat, when people calling in were being told there was a 4 hour wait time. Craziness!
our dinner was amazing. the place was pretty fancy so we enjoyed sitting, talking, and (fancy) people watching.

all the things!

he loves getting his picture taken


 on Saturday we stayed home and watched the movie Enough Said with my parents. it was so sweet! I would highly recommend it. 
we then headed to HyVee to shop for groceries - we made my parents dinner that night! Korey is an excellent cook - he is way too humble about it in my opinion. He taught me how to dice an onion (I hate knives, so it was scary) and I manned the green beans! I see lots of efforts like this in our future - I'm more of a "let's order pizza!" cook :)
green beans, pork chop, baked potato, and rolls!
After dinner our friends Bryan, Tammy, and Bradee came over for games! 
I loved it - it was literally my favorite people all together!
 
I made him a valentine :)
Sunday morning we went to church - I sang with my praise team! It was great. After worship we went down to my Sunday school class - we only had 2 kids but it was still good :)
we went our for lunch, came home and napped, and then had to go back to the airport. 

////

overall the weekend was incredible. we had time to ourselves, time with my parents and friends, and got to worship together. all these things I've learned are so important to do as a couple. 
we are learning how to love each other in so many ways while being apart.
we know when the other is having a tough day by our voices or text messages. 
 it makes me so thankful for technology. I know that sounds silly? but man, if we couldn't FaceTime or text? I don't know what I'd do! obviously we would survive - I know this. but I'm grateful that we don't have to. being apart has really been difficult! I won't mess around with ya. every day is met with a sigh of "man...how great would  be if after work I could go to Korey's and have him make me dinner?" not a day goes by without that thought, friend. we're learning and we're growing but we are ready for the day when we won't be 500 miles apart :)

xoxo,
H

Sundays are for Jesus and napping :)











No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik