Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Another Year Older

I turned 22 on the 18th of October and let me tell you - it was a day to remember. The entire weekend was one to remember, actually. What happened you ask? Well by golly let me tell you.

Before I tell you what I did for my birthday weekend I have to introduce you to my boyfriend - yes you read that correctly - BOYFRIEND. I am still very excited to be able to call him that again (again? yes...I'll explain later). His name is Korey and I am quite fond of him. I am also very fond of this picture of us. It is my favorite so far.
Korey, the boyfriend.

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND 2013
(I love my birthday. A lot. Probably too much if you ask my mother and father.)

Thursday 10/17
Korey arrives at our house after driving from Indianapolis 8 hours away. We had not seen each other in over a year. It was a JOYOUS reunion. After catching up and such I took him to Gymboree to show him where I hang out with the kiddos. Then we went to Olive Garden and stuffed our faces. After dinner we drove to Blue Springs and spent the evening with my small group getting ready for a church event. It was a small group so it was a good time for Matt and Holly (the leaders) to get to know him - Matt asked lots of questions. (He approves of him, and I trust his opinion!) After life group we went home and hung out with my parents. 

Friday 10/18 - DAY OF MY BIRTH
Sonic photoshoot
After sleeping in (a birthday treat for sure!) Korey and I got ready and went to Cracker Barrel in Independence. I was so excited about this meal. I love that place. Then we went to the Nelson Atkins Museum in Kansas City! We both will happily say that we have our nerdy sides (one of us more than the other...aka Korey). We had a blast walking through the exhibits and discussing the pieces of art. We eventually got kind of tuckered out and decided we should get home to let Monster out - after getting drinks at Sonic of course. Happy Hour and my birthday? It HAD to happen. We got home, played with Monster, and waited for dad to get home from work. When he got home we drove to the Carrabba's in Independence to meet mom. Then our good friends the Prewitt's showed up to surprise me! I was very excited to see them and was so glad they were able to be there. We ate our (delicious) food, they sang to Happy Birthday to me, and then headed home! Bradee was waiting at the house - we were going to play games! My good friend Jessica and her boyfriend Logan were driving up from Springfield, too. While we waited for them to arrive we watch the Cardinals play on tv. At this point I was a very very happy 22 year old. I had my very favorite people around me. After Jess and Logan got there we played Taboo and a couple of other games. It was so fun. I'm so glad they could be here! 
the girls! friends since high school :)

the boys! friends since...that night :)

Logan, Jessica, Bradee, Monster, me and Korey :)

happy happy happy!




Saturday 10/19
Korey and I went to Fort Osage to explore the national landmark! It was really neat to be able to see a piece of history that is pretty close to Lee's Summit! We spent a good amount of time exploring the soldier's barracks and then learned a lot at the fur trading post. 

history

he knew LOTS

opossum for dinner, anyone?

we walked down to the river!


our new friend, Wooly. 
3-D ready to go! 

After exploring the 1800's we traveled back to 2013 and found a Sonic just in time for Happy Hour! Then we drove to Barnes & Noble and walked around the store. For dinner mom made a delicious meal of chicken and stuffing. It was so good. Then the 4 of us went to the IMAX to see the movie Gravity starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. It was fun! 

Sunday 10/20
Sunday morning was the first time that I got to sing in the praise team - it was Team 3's time to shine! I had to be at the church at 8 AM which was...okay - it was not fun. Early morning Hannah is not a delight. But I was excited that Korey would get to be there the first time I was singing up front. Our team and worship choir did really well  - it was fun! After I sang in the second service Korey and I went downstairs to my Sunday School room with Joyce. We helped with the kiddos - they were definitely curious about Korey. After church we went to eat at Porky's, a great BBQ place in near Grain Valley. Then we drove to my cousin Harper's house to celebrate her 3rd birthday! Korey had to leave around 3 to get back to Indiana. It was a tough goodbye - I felt like he had just gotten there! We said goodbye and I went back in and played with Harper - that helped cheer me up a little :) 


I loved every moment of this weekend. So many memories were made. I'm very excited to see how my 22nd year of life pans out!

my sweet grandma Carol sent me these beautiful lilies - my favorite!


this was my birthday cake! mom and dad are the best!


xoxo,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik