Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

A Night with Mumford

hi, friends :)

on June 17th my parents, my cousin Ronda and I went to the Mumford & Sons concert in Bonner Springs, KS.

it was fantastic.

Ronda and I went ahead of my parents to stake out a place to sit. it was really great getting to spend some time with just her - we're usually surrounded by our family haha so we got to chat and be excited together. I was a giggling MESS with excitement, y'all.

we arrived before the gates were opened so the line was ridiculous, but our wait was not very long and of course it was perfect for prime people watching.
all those people 

we got in there and put our blankets down on the grass. my dad had a great idea of bringing plastic we had used to wrap my bed in while it was storage to put on the ground first and then put our blankets on that in case it was wet. (did that make ANY sense?) Ronda and I quickly found out that yes, that was a great idea, BUT as we sat there...we slowly started to slide down the hill. it was really funny and we decided to nix that and just use the grass. 
our seats on the lawn!
The two opening bands were really great and fun. I honestly can't remember their names which is awful of me, but they were fun! Mom and dad got there and about an hourish later Mumford came on. I had decided to go to the bathroom thinking "they won't come on while I'm in there!" HA. they did. I was in a bathroom stall when they started their set with "Babel." I was SO MAD. but when I got out of the bathroom I waited at the top of the hill and got to experience the song "Little Lion Man" alone - something I don't regret. It was incredible. they are so fantastic live. 

It was such a fun night. I'm so glad I got to experience with my parents, too. I know that on the surface it may sound lame to people my age or whatever, but my parents are cool -ok? and Ronda is, too  :)
LOVE THEM SO MUCH





 This night 
was one of those 
that will be counted as "my favorites." 

xoxo, H

1 comment:

  1. This looks AMAZING.
    Sounds like you were well prepared for the wet grass. Good thinkin :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik