Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

America, the Beautiful

We are so lucky to live in a country that is beautiful and free. As I sat in my lawn chair watching the fireworks explode in the sky, I thought about how truly great it is live in America. I have had the chance to sing our national anthem at several sporting events in the past and I always get so excited to sing those beautiful lyrics. They're so powerful! I looked them up tonight and the second verse talks about how the next morning the flag could still be seen.


On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!



I mean, wow. Talk about resilience. and that's why America is so great...we have so many success stories - of people's lives falling apart and how they have picked those pieces back up. Wether it be a natural disaster, death, or a divorce, people come together, stick by each other and move on. That's what America is to me. Remaining strong together. I know at times we have wondered "what in the world is happening?" with politics and such, but we have these days like the 4th where we all come together to celebrate the Land of the Free. 

Mom, dad, Monster and I traveled down to Tightwad, MO to see my mom's side of the family. We hung out, ate BBQ, fed some catfish, and then went into Windsor, MO to watch the fireworks. Monster was NOT a fan of the loud noises. Dad had to take him to the van for the remainder of the show :( 
TOO CUTE

ka-boom

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday. The (hopefully) day off from work certainly had to be nice! 

Tomorrow the parentals and I leave for a week long vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama! We are very excited. We'll be hanging on the beach a lot and doing other fun things. I plan on taking a TON of pictures so get ready for that blog post. Lots of sunsets I'm sure :)  

love y'all! 
xoxo
H

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a BLAST. :)

    And have so much fun in Gulf Shores!!

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik