Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Kids Say the Wisest Things..

Welcome to the part of the show where I take something a tiny human said haphazardly and turn it into a life lesson blog post. I'm glad you're here :)

On the playground on Monday morning, I was surprised to find out one of my kindergarteners, G, could climb up the dome jungle gym like a pro. We call him our little orangutang in the classroom and he really put his monkey skills to use. Another kindergartener came up behind him and was encouraging him as he climbed on the sides of the dome,

"All you have to do is put your feet in front of you and then pull yourself up!" she said with gusto.
 I laughed and told her she was right. 
And then the wheels in my brain started to turn. 

On Sunday night I was dumped. 
If you've ever gone through a break up you can probably sit here and nod your head in agreement that they just suck. 
There are no fun feelings and it's just obviously not a happy ending.
I hate that. 

But when this little human said those words, it was really what I needed to hear.
Life is silly. and hard. and when life gets hard...we get stronger. We are able to learn from our mistakes, as well as others' mistakes. We get to see how things change over time and that progress is what makes our journeys just that much more interesting. 

After a dinner at Chick-Fil-A with my parents and some Ben & Jerry's ice cream, my heart is feeling much better. 
Yeah, break ups suck - but life doesn't. 
It goes on. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik